Announcement

Collapse

Event Hosting and Expectations

This is the new procedure for hosting an event on Houston Airsoft.

The following requirements will go into effect as of July 1, 2009. Those that currently have Hosting/posting rights will be grandfathered in.

1. A member for at least four months.

2. Have attended 10 local skirmishes or 6 local and 1 Regional/State/National game.

**Note that at least two week notice should be given**

Once the above listed qualifications have been met you should submit a your event on the website's calender. Note that the event WILL NOT show up once submitted. Also take care to fill out every field in the form or the post will be ignored.

After submitting the new event contact D-day via PM. Upon reply you will be given a 10 question TASO Safety and responsibility quiz. Pending a passing grade your event will be moved up the chain for approval.

Users can apply to host events in an unmoderated full access user setting by asking Porter or D-day via PM and taking another Safety Quiz. (Other considerations and requirements do apply)

SAFETY is of the utmost importance for this hobby.

With that in mind hosts are expected to give a full safety briefing and explain the safety rules before their event moves onto the field. It is also expected that the host makes every due effort to uphold all TASO Rules.

The Safety Briefing Sheet can be found at:
http://www.houstonairsoft.com/module...ewarticle&id=8

If for any reason a player refuses to follow any of the rules it is the hosts responsibility to address the situation immediately. The player should be removed from the field and if needed the management and/or Field owners should be called on to assist if necessary.
It should be apparent that hosts are expected to be responsible and enforce the rules at all times, failure to do so will result in the lose of the privilege to host games on Houston Airsoft and can also result in notice of this action being given to TASO sister sites.

Should players refuse to follow safety rules on the field it will result in their banning from Houston Airsoft.

TASO Code of Conduct and Rules of engagement:

http://www.texasairsoft.org/index.php?page=conduct
http://www.texasairsoft.org/index.php?page=ROE

We need Hosts, Team Captains and the community as a whole to keep the site staff advised on events we are unable to participate in so appropriate action can be taken should something come up.

All requirements set forth are subject to change by either TASO or Houston Airsoft.

Special thanks to CyanRiven for laying the ground work for this policy.
See more
See less

Operation: Bulldog 2017 (The Fall Offensive) - 2017-10-20 to 22 @ Fort Hood, TX - $80

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation: Bulldog 2017 (The Fall Offensive) - 2017-10-20 to 22 @ Fort Hood, TX - $80

Word is out over e-mail. I'll update this post as more information comes out.

Troops,

We want to try something different with Bull Dog in TX.
    We want players to take more ownership of the game and each FACTION may issue Challenge Missions to the opponent.
    We're assigned HMF, BMF and EMF for the weekend.
    We also welcome regional leaders to step up as OIC (Officer In Charge). Your inputs are welcome.
    "The Fall Offensive" at Ft Hood! Oct 20~22, 2017! $80 bucks if registered and paid by Aug 15, 2017. Goal: $6000 minimum donation to the USMC Birthday Ball fund!

- John Lu
    Operation Lion Claws
    Booked Rodeway Inn Hotel in Gatesville, TX suite with 2-queen beds, couch, and 1 roll-away bed booked for Lost Command team.

Links

Home: http://www.oplionclaws.com/tfo/index.php
    Register: http://www.oplionclaws.com/tfo/register.php
    Forum: http://www.oplionclaws.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=167

Vehicles: Parking Pass - POV (Personally Owned Vehicle): Vehicle Passes for Ft Hood & Your Vehicle on Ft Hood

Map: Fort Hood - Training Area 50 (TA50) MOUT (Urban)

Hotels

Rodeway Inn (Choice Hotels)
    2501 E Main Street
    Gatesville, Texas 76528-1822
    Tel: +1(254)865-2281

Prices: $70-77 (Pre-Paid $56-62)

Ramada Gatesville
    111 North Highway 36
    Gatesville, TX 76528 US

Tel: +1(254)865-1207
    Fax: +1(254)865-2356

Prices: $80 - $95

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gatesville - N. Ft Hood
    2904 South Hwy 36
    Gatesville, Texas 76528

Tel: +1(254)404-9121
    E-mail: hiexgatesville@gmail.com

Prices: $107 - $131

Restaurants

Italian

Friday @ ~8 PM - After Check-In and Chrono
    Sunday - After game and before driving back home to Houston.

Prima Pasta
    2503 E Main St
    Gatesville, TX 76528
    Tel: +1(254)865-8311

Steakhouse

Saturday @ ~8 PM - After the Game

Ranchers Steak House & Grill
    107 Hwy 36 Bypass N
    Gatesville, Texas 76528
    Tel: +1(254)865-5863
    Starts
    10-20-2017 04:00 PM
    Fort Hood Military Base, Training Area 50 (TA50, Boaz, Hargrove, Elijah), Texas
    Last edited by JakFrost; 08-07-2017, 10:50 PM. Reason: Registration is Open! Home and Registration links updated.

Chatted with John last week about it, it'll be the first OPLC I've been to in years.....going to be good to be back! So I will be running with Pale Horse and there might be some of my SWC team mates coming from the Carolinas.......man this is going to be fun! Are any of you planning to go the the AMS event there in December?

Comment

So you going Jack? LC is talking about it. Several of us are very interested. The registration link you provided looks like the old one for Bulldog. Still haven't seen any updates from them
      "Aim towards the Enemy." - Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend. - U.S. Marine Corps

Comment

Originally posted by SWAT View Post
        So you going Jack? LC is talking about it. Several of us are very interested. The registration link you provided looks like the old one for Bulldog. Still haven't seen any updates from them
        Yep, the room is booked. I asked John Lu to open up the registration page so we can start signing up early.

I volunteered myself up as one of the leaders for the OIC program for Officer In Charge since I always run dual or triple radios anyway in case he needs some help. I figure since Lost Command did a lot of the organization on the east side of the map for the last bulldog and we had fantastic communication between all of our people and we are pretty good at organizing things and making things happen. Also we have pretty good leadership in lost command between SWAT, DeMon, and myself along with everyone else pretty much knowing what to do we could definitely help out in the local scope Strategic and not only to Tactical organization of the next Bulldog. However I will leave all the top-level command stuff up to the usual crowd since I figure Z-Monster with the rest of his experienced crew will do the top-level organization.

I also reached out to Third Coast Airsoft and ask them about their Tier 1 missions but so far they told me they won't be running any on this event. Which means we'll be able to do the steak night as we always do.
        Last edited by JakFrost; 07-01-2017, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Due to my Fall exam schedule, there is a chance I may not be able to attend American Milsim's Reindeer Games this December. Now I am looking at Bulldog as an option instead. Any of you Bulldog/OLCMSS vets have some positive reviews?
          W.O.L.F.
          Sponsored by Gas Blowback Central
          gasblowbackcentral.com
          and Lanbo's Armory
          lanbosarmory.com

Comment

Registered as "Texas Republic" as a Squad Leader for Lost Command team.

Comment

100 People signed up so far on the early $80 deal for this game. We have 21 going with us so far from Lost Command and Section 6 with +2 maybes; all staying at the Rodeway Inn hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by JakFrost View Post
                100 People signed up so far on the early $80 deal for this game. We have 21 going with us so far from Lost Command and Section 6 with +2 maybes; all staying at the Rodeway Inn hotel.
                Section 6??? Lol, would love to meet them!!!!

Comment

FYI

For anyone in Houston that has been interested in going to one of these events but hasn't because of price, be aware that because of Hurricane Harvey OLC is allowing those that have already purchased a ticket to bring a battle buddy for free. So if you know anyone going and are interested you should hit them up and see if you can join as a battle buddy. This offer ends 09/30/2017. You will need to have whoever is sponsoring you arrange with OLC admins for this.

Comment

Working...
                  X