Introduction of myself.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction of myself.

My name is William I'm 18 and am a college student, and have always been into these types of sports playing paintball before this. I am switching because paintball is expensive and takes a whole lot of time and this seems to be more exciting and realistic. I live on the east around beltway 8 and Highway 90, and don't really know much of getting started here because fields are far and so are the shops. I hope this community is well and alive and would love it if y'all showed me the ropes. Thank You!

Welcome to Houston Airsoft Community. Airsoft in general in Houston is very much alive. This forum took a big hit a few years ago when everyone turned to Facebook to advertise events but the forum is still hanging in there. I am one of the moderator here and I do everything I can to keep the forum going. I find games on Facebook and post them here because to me on Facebook information can get lost in all the other posts. I recently updated the list of fields around the Houston area and State that are airsoft friendly. List is under the Events Section. As far as getting started just get yourself a good hydration pack, vest and some pouches to hold a few mags and a decent gun. G&G CM16 is a good starter gun and can be easily upgraded later. Good eye and face protection is also important. Since you were in paintball a paintball mask will do just fine. Start with the minimum but still be functional. As you play more you can add more gear if you want. I also recommend finding a place that has rentals and play some games and see what other players are using and ask questions. Airsofters love to talk about their stuff. Paintball South is close to you and there is usually an airsoft game every second Sunday of the month. Alittle further up the road in League City there is Glory Paintball that has open play airsoft every Sunday only thing is they don't have rentals. Tanks Paintball in Richmond has rentals and a game every third Sunday of the month and every first Saturday they have an evening game. Up the road from them is Lone Star Airsoft Field which an airsoft only field and they have rentals and open every Saturday and Sunday.Then there is HGA in Spring which is an indoor area. They are an Evike Outpost which means they have a huge pro shop and they also have rentals. Airsoft stores are Xtreme Airsoft in Richmond, Evike Outpost at HGA and there is Gas Blowback Central which deals mainly in gas blowback guns. Houston is limited on airsoft stores and even though I recommended supporting the local stores Evike.com is a good place to buy stuff. I don't know the extent of your knowledge of airsoft so if you want to ask more specific questions please feel free. I will try and answer then the best I can. Again welcome and hope to see you on the field.
    Last edited by ChopperMech; 08-13-2018, 07:35 AM.
    Victory through superior fire power

9-11-01 We will never forget.

Who am I! I am a champion!

Comment

Thank you this was really informative and I looked into the CM16 and I think that's going to be my choice of gun, and I'm going to go to HGA even if it's indoor so I can get a feel for it.

Comment

Good to hear. I hope you have fun at HGA.
        Victory through superior fire power

9-11-01 We will never forget.

Who am I! I am a champion!

Comment

Working...
        X