No announcement yet.

Who owns the rights to Houston Airsoft?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who owns the rights to Houston Airsoft?

I was wanting to know who owns the rights to this website as well as why are you still paying for it to be up? Whatever your reason is, I want to thank you for keeping it up! As a senior in highschool it has been hard for me to stay in airsoft. When I found out ******* had died I was very upset but in a way I am happy now that there is only one airsoft forum for the Houston area. That being said we will have to work hard because sadly Houston Airsoft is dying. There is barely anyone who is active on this website and I just saw a post that whoever is going by April as their callsign is advertising jewelry, and that is completely unacceptable. A few years ago that post would have been taken down a few minuets following it being posted. I do know that Choppermech is consistently active but he is about the only person. I have a few ideas as to how we can start to regain activity on the website. Please pm me and we can talk about how we will make airsoft as popular as it used to be.

He goes by the name Administrator and that's about all I can tell you. I have to disagree Houston airsoft is not dying just the forums. Airsoft in Houston is very much alive. Games going on all the time at High Ground Airsoft, New airsoft field in Conroe call Legends Airsoft and they have partnered with HGA and are hosting skirmishes and milsim lite style games. As far as I know 5J still does airsoft. Tanks Paintball in Sugarland/Richmond has a game every third Sunday of the month. Xtreme Airsoft I just learned is building an outdoor airsoft field in Rosenburg and host games about every 3 months and there is a new indoor airsoft place call Techstar Airsoft located in the West Oaks Mall. Problem is everything has gone to social media like Facebook. Here I try and post up games that I find on Facebook for those who don't have a Facebook account. Although of late I haven't been doing a very good job. Lol. Thank you for bringing the spam post to my attention. Haven't checked it for a while due to being busy. It has been dealt with.
    Victory through superior fire power

9-11-01 We will never forget.

Who am I! I am a champion!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopperMech View Post
      He goes by the name Administrator and that's about all I can tell you. I have to disagree Houston airsoft is not dying just the forums. Airsoft in Houston is very much alive. Games going on all the time at High Ground Airsoft, New airsoft field in Conroe call Legends Airsoft and they have partnered with HGA and are hosting skirmishes and milsim lite style games. As far as I know 5J still does airsoft. Tanks Paintball in Sugarland/Richmond has a game every third Sunday of the month. Xtreme Airsoft I just learned is building an outdoor airsoft field in Rosenburg and host games about every 3 months and there is a new indoor airsoft place call Techstar Airsoft located in the West Oaks Mall. Problem is everything has gone to social media like Facebook. Here I try and post up games that I find on Facebook for those who don't have a Facebook account. Although of late I haven't been doing a very good job. Lol. Thank you for bringing the spam post to my attention. Haven't checked it for a while due to being busy. It has been dealt with.
      That whole post was about the website, sorry for not being as clear as I should have been.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan View Post

That whole post was about the website, sorry for not being as clear as I should have been.
        No problem.
        Victory through superior fire power

9-11-01 We will never forget.

Who am I! I am a champion!

Comment

Yeah. Facebook has become a pretty powerful social media presence, and a lot of stuff from all my clubs has pretty much moved there. Between SCA, Hiking/camping/survival, and astronomy clubs, about everything is on FB and the email lists and forums are neglected. The HA website seems to be suffering from the same thing.

I don't play AS anymore, though I still have the gear and might decided to pop into a game sometime.. I am just as likely to sell off what I have remaining and concentrate on my other hobbies. I still pop in and lurk the forums sometimes.
          I am the same person as this: http://www.houstonairsoft.com/forums/member.php?u=27

Don't try to contact me through that acct because I cannot access features on it. The profile is broken for some reason.

I am not too active in airsoft anymore. Spending my time with the SCA

Comment

Working...
          X