Avalon vs. Krytac

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avalon vs. Krytac

Almost as infamous as AK vs. M4, but both are m4's.
    Let me tell you what I think.
    Both are great guns, don't get me wrong, but one stands out.
    The krytac LVOA is $430, full metal, and comes with a midcap. It has a mosfet in it, and performs well. Shoots 30rps, and can send bbs down the field 200 ish feet.
    The VFC VR16 Avalon however, is $365. It is full metal, and comes with a midcap, it has a factory installed mosfet with burst capability. It also has a factory 1 year warranty so you don't have to worry about anything for a year. It can shoot about 250 feet, and has 30 rps. It has an ambi selector, and mlok or keymod rails.

While I haven't specifically tested both of these guns, from seeing them perform at the field, the avalon performs a bit better than the lvoa, but the things that really set it apart from the LVOA are the 1 year warranty and the burst capability. It also costs almost 100 dollars less. So, if you go avalon, you're getting superior performance, a 1 year warranty, and burst capability for $60 less than a LVOA.

Not to talk bad on Krytac at all they are great guns, but Krytac gears like to offset after some heavy use and you have to open it up and re shim them, the Avalon is running VFC self shimming, so granted you cant really go in to the Avalon and change the shimming but there is no need to because it takes care of it itself. The Avalon its self takes all of VFC's upgraded gearbox parts and it comes stock in the gun, although you can still put better parts in the gun if your looking for something thats worth your money and is going to out perform out of the box the Avalon is the way to go.

Comment

Wow, I didn't know all of that. I was just looking at performance. The avalon is definitely the way to go!

Comment

I like Krytac a lot but never seen an Avalon. good luck!

Comment

The avalon is better IMO. Krytacs are alos super good

Comment

Avalon is absolutely the way to go, they have better internals (slightly) and they come with a 1 year warranty.

Comment

I did forget about the year warranty I dont know of any other gun that comes with that so you know its built to last

Comment

Yeah, the avalon is defnitely the way to go. The shop I bought mine at has a tech that can upgrade them to hit 300 feet every time.

Comment

A friend of mine runs a airsoft store and he told me one that the Krytac gearbox is crap. They see a lot of returns for repair more than any other brand.
                  Victory through superior fire power

9-11-01 We will never forget.

Who am I! I am a champion!

Comment

Dang, that's not good... They are supposed to be a great gun. One of the local shops near me recommends them like nothing else, and the other shop recommends the avalon the same way. I used to think that they were pretty close, except for the few advantages the avalon had, now I guess the difference is more than I thought...

Comment

Originally posted by MaxtheNinja View Post
                      Dang, that's not good... They are supposed to be a great gun. One of the local shops near me recommends them like nothing else, and the other shop recommends the avalon the same way. I used to think that they were pretty close, except for the few advantages the avalon had, now I guess the difference is more than I thought...
                      It has been some time since he told me that so maybe things have improved since then.
                      Victory through superior fire power

9-11-01 We will never forget.

Who am I! I am a champion!

Comment

Yeah, the avalon is defnitely the way to go. The shop I bought mine at has a tech that can upgrade them to hit 300 feet every time.
                        Avalon is the way to go.

Comment

Definitely is, I got mine from a local shop and it came with a free battery, rail covers, and some bbs. They have a free mystery gift that they give out with every order, and I guess I got multiple little things...

Comment

Definitely is, I got mine from a local shop and it came with a free battery, rail covers, and some bbs. They have a free mystery gift that they give out with every order, and I guess I got multiple little things...
                            I got my avalon from https://modernairsoft.com/products/v...eg-rifle-black because they are kinda near me and I'm 99% sure VFC is MAP so I may as well get the points.

Comment

Working...
                            X