Help With Loadout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With Loadout

I'd like to attend the event on the 16th, but I only have a full black SWAT loadout. I'm just looking for some help trying to find relatively durable gear at a cheap price, like vests, BDUs, and maybe a new helmet. I think I can make my black balaclava and combat boots work, but I'm struggling to put together a tan loadout mixed with my black vest and helmet that doesn't look ridiculous. I'm relatively new to airsofting, and this is going to be the first large event I attend, so sorry if I'm a little bit of a noob. My price range is around $150. Thanks!

First let me welcome you to Houston Airsoft. As far as you gear you are Ok. The color of the gear doesn't matter just the pants, shirt and headgear. You can go to any military surplus store and find the tan base camo uniforms either new or used. People tend to buy used due to lower price. My son and I wear ATACS AU and my son has black gear. It doesn't look bad. As far as your headgear you can get a boonie hat to match your uniform or if you need to wear a helmet look on Evike in the hear gear section for helmet covers that match what ever camo pattern you choose. My helmet is ATACS AU and I have a woodland MARPAT cover to use with my woodland MARPAT and black one to wear with my black uniform. Can wear the same helmet it is just a matter of switching out the covers depending on what uniform I wear. Hope this helps. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.
    Victory through superior fire power

9-11-01 We will never forget.

Who am I! I am a champion!

Comment

Thanks! Hopefully I'll be able to stop by a store today if I've got the time. BF4 won't play itself! I just had one more question about the range of the field, I'm getting a CZ Scorpion EVO a1 and out of the box it shoots around 400 fps. Are there any limitations to fps, (I didn't see anything on the post) and if so, do you think that will be able to keep up with the range I'll be engaging at? Like I said, this is my first large event, so I'm not sure what to expect. :P Thanks for the tips!

Comment

Weapon Regulations
        Rifleman 1.52 Joules with 0.32g BB 0 MED Mid Caps only Semi Auto only
        Support 1.88 Joules with 0.32g BB 60 MED Full Auto/Semi Auto
        DMR 1.88 Joules with 0.32g BB 60 MED Mid Caps only - Semi Auto only
        Sniper 2.88 Joules with 0.32g BB 100 MED Mid Caps only Bolt Action only

They are using joules instead of FPS but if your gun shoots 400 fps you should be Ok. More than like likely you will be in the rifleman class which as indicated above the limit will be 1.52 Joules with a .32g BB. Joules is the energy behind the BB or in other words how hard it hits. FPS is how fast the BB travels. It's the joules that can cause injury if too high and shot too close. Bare in mind your gun shoots 400 fps is with a .20g BB so when you chrono with a .32g you will see a drop in FPS so don't get alarmed and think something is wrong with your gun. Heavier BB travel slower. After you chrono you can use whatever weight BB you want. In some guns the joules will increase with heavier BBs which is called joule creep. You see it more in HPA or gas blow back guns. Not so much in AEGs. As far as range if you have your hop up tuned properly you should do just fine. You won't have DMR or Sniper range but you should be able to range with the rest of the players which on average is 120-130 ft.
        Last edited by ChopperMech; 03-05-2018, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Gotcha, this really helps. Hopefully my brother and I will be able to make it, see you there!

Comment

No problem. If you are able to make it I hope you have a good time.

Comment

welcome to the forum. I recommend going with the Delta Force look of Black Hawk Down (2001). BDUs would be tri-color desert. Black tactical gear is fine. Don't know about the helmet. Watch the YouTube link attached for more info. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
              X