Leavin for basic soon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leavin for basic soon

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am leaving for Navy boot camp Oct. 29th 2009. I will try to make it to at least one game before I leave. Any VETS from the community that have advice for me for my career ahead of me it would much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike
    " My only regret is that i have but one life to give for my country" Nathan Hale

I served eight years in the Navy man. First, congrats on joining the armed forces. Second, keep your mouth shut in basic training. Third, keep your mouth shut in basic training. I went to RTC Orlando so I didn't have to shovel snow but I hear your going to be doing a lot of that in basic at Graet mistakes. Your only going to get about four hours of sleep each night as well so have fun with that too. If you haven't started running, start now. Your company will run at least a mile and a half every morning after chow; start training now and run before you get to boot camp you don't want to be that slow out of shape slow as hell guy trust me. Further don't take anything with you when you go exept your wallet, its all getting mailed home anyway. I'm serious, just the clothes on your back and that's it If you haven't decided on a rate GET ONE. The last thing you want is to be undesignated after boot camp. If you get sent to a destroyer they will make you a deck ape. If you get sent to a carrier you might wind up as an air crewman pulling cable under the flight deck. That job is one of the worst in the Navy so get a rate before you go. If you have a rate designation you will go to A school right after boot camp to learn your job. Study don't party the last thing you want is kicked out or failed out of A school. I wish you the best and may God be with you. Fair winds and following seas my friend.
    If you come looking for me I won't be hard to find, I'm standing behind my family, and next to my brothers.

Comment

Thank you for the reply Pit Viper. My job as of now is Sonar Technichan Ground. For the PT part I have been running everyday, and doing pushups and situps everyday.
      " My only regret is that i have but one life to give for my country" Nathan Hale

Comment

One last thing write down names and addresses of people you want to write to. They should let you keep that.
        If you come looking for me I won't be hard to find, I'm standing behind my family, and next to my brothers.

Comment

Pit gave you some great advice. The only think I would add...

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER seek to make yourself look good at the expense of someone else. Also, down the road, no one cares whether or not you graduated first in boot, it's how you do your job.

Second: always help a buddy out, don't do it for them, but never fail to work as a team.

And my well wishes to anyone going off to basic:

HAVE FUN STORMING THE CASTLE!
          Last edited by SmileyTFJ; 09-11-2009, 07:51 PM.
          Speed's fine, but accuracy is final.

People who live their lives on the internet have very fragile egos.

Comment

Memorize your 11 General Orders, Sailors Creed, Core Values, Chain of Command starting with POTUS and working down to CNO unless your recruiter can get you further down the Chain. You have plenty of sleep now, memorizing is easy.

If you wear contacts, bring a case with solution in it. Or just don't wear contacts for 3 days beforehand if you don't really need them. You'll get BCG's anyway.

Dyed hair makes you an idiot. Don't do it thinking you'll get shaved and it's okay.

Baggy "urban" clothes also make you an idiot. Don't show up in those, either.
            Last edited by Naveronski; 09-11-2009, 09:42 PM.
            I do not support buying of cheap replicas; you will regret it when they break.

Do not list your guns in your signature. I am not impressed, and I will probably laugh at you.

Comment

One thing a friend that just got out of USCG basic mentioned: never smile, and never laugh. It gets you into trouble, and attracts the wrong kind of attention.
              Nothing is foolproof; fools are ingenious.

Comment

Well this is my last post for awhile. I am leaving tomorrow for the hotel. See everyone in a few months. When I get leave I will try to make it to a game.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmanx2
                  Well this is my last post for awhile. I am leaving tomorrow for the hotel. See everyone in a few months. When I get leave I will try to make it to a game.
                  Congrats and thank you. Hope you have a blast, man. We're all thankful to have fine, selfless, young people like you.
                  Does it need to be said? Does it need to be said now? Does it need to be said now, by me? --Craig Ferguson

There may be two sides to every story, but you're still a douche in both of them.

Of any activity you do, ask yourself: If I were the last person on earth, would I still do it?

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Originally posted by bigmanx2
                    Thanks for what you do, man. See you soon.

Comment

Good luck, brother
                      Schok Team Spectre

:ru:

Comment

Well everyone I would like to let everyone know I am now a United States Sailor as of the 30th. I will be in town around mid march to early april. When I get more information I will let yall know see yall all in a few months.

Comment

Mike don't necro old-...MIKE!!!!!!
                          Schok Team Spectre

:ru:

Comment

As my wife likes to say. "Good luck stormin' the Castle!"
                            ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Uh oh, just saw the little devil on my left shoulder drop kick the little angel on my right shoulder.........that can't be good.

America is not at war. The U.S. Marine Corps and U.S. Army are at war. America is at the mall.

Comment

Working...
                            X