X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice Frogfish I like the new paintjob
    Si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

Old one needed a touchup, I ended up ghillie-ing the barrel.
      Airsoft, teaching Americans to fight the child soldiers of Africa since 2006.

R&D Dept.

Comment

Quick question Frogfish. Did you replace anything within the hop up or keep it stock?
        Gas>AEG

Team W.O.L.F.
        Sponsored by...

Lanbo's Armory
        http://www.lanbosarmory.com/

Gas Blowback Central
        http://www.GasBlowbackCentral.com

Comment

Hop up is a PDI variable hop up chamber
          Si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

yeah I'm usign the PDI hop, but I was stupid and put the replica together before I really knew how, so I tore the W hop-up in the PDI chamber.

I really like the PDI hop, I think its using essentially a stock spring and is hitting 500fps.

here it is ghillied

Last edited by frogfish; 02-18-2013, 07:42 PM.

R&D Dept.

Comment

Actually I believe the previous owner had put in a Laylax m170 spring but over the time it's been broken in quite a bit so now it gives an extremely smooth bolt pull and consistent 500 fps

Also you may be able to r hop the barrel since its an AEG cut only issue I found with it is that the o rings on the PDI chamber don't push down hard enough to actually enable the r hop unless you have it as a fixed r hop.
              Last edited by TAG; 02-18-2013, 07:50 PM.
              Si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

Yeah I've actually been talking with some of the R-hop gurus as I have a HS5 R-hop in my Mk17 and I have a barrel with a Z-kit R-hop sitting around waiting for a weapon. I tried to put a Z-Kit in it last night and the groove on the PDI barrel is oddly shaped, and I am just not competent enough with R-hops to install.

I thought the spring was stock that pull is so smooth, its amazing. however with the stock barrel and hop its clocking in at about 1J, needs a teflon mod and some work if I go to that hop.

I have an ARES MSR338 on the way too and it sounds as though most of the parts are compatible so the VSR may get transplanted into that.

R&D Dept.

Comment

Originally posted by frogfish
                  I have an ARES MSR338 on the way too and it sounds as though most of the parts are compatible so the VSR may get transplanted into that.
                  I've been looking at that gun for awhile. Didn't hear if it had the interchangeable parts. That would be the best looking/working sniper out on the field by far.
                  Gas>AEG

Team W.O.L.F.
                  Sponsored by...

Lanbo's Armory
                  http://www.lanbosarmory.com/

Gas Blowback Central
                  http://www.GasBlowbackCentral.com

Comment

Well there is a thread on arnies and some discussion on a german board as well as ASUK.

What I've been able to gather is that VSR cylinders work for sure. Hop is somewhat VSR compatible, due to rough translations I can't tell if it's drop in or not. The trigger is a little trickier, a few japanese airsmiths have managed to get PDI V triggers in there, it is most certainly not drop in, and requires modification. I'll try to post more here when I get it in, but follow the thread on arnies for the most up to date stuff.

I'm really digging the Sierra team thing, I work with a spotter/rifleman who can cover me while I run to a safe MED, and it is also fun sneaking around on my field and coming at people from unexpected directions. While the VSR offers more accuracy and consistency it dosen't offer any more range than my R-hopped SCAR so in target rich and hit shrugging environments I've had to resort back to it rather than a spring sniper.....
                    Last edited by frogfish; 02-18-2013, 08:26 PM.

R&D Dept.

Comment

• Originally posted by frogfish
                      yeah I'm usign the PDI hop, but I was stupid and put the replica together before I really knew how, so I tore the W hop-up in the PDI chamber.

I really like the PDI hop, I think its using essentially a stock spring and is hitting 500fps.

here it is ghillied

Im pretty sure I have some of that Ghillie material in use inside of my craftsman toolbox .

Comment

• Originally posted by cowloon5

Found this in my closet today and thought I'd share it. My very first airsoft gun, from about 10 years ago when I was 6. A cheapo little springer, gets 150 fps with .12s
                        I got something like that from a bucket of cheap bb's

Comment

• My sniper.

unknown VSR10 clone.

Comment

• New toy: Upgraded VSR in a Model Works M40 stock. Had Careful of airsoftsniperforum build it for me. If anybody is interested in his work, I'd seek him out on there (he pulled a 422' confirmed headshot at a big OP in the SE last year). Don't want to divulge too many secrets, but it'll reach out and touch someone. Need low pro rings, bipod and maybe a can to make it quieter.

South Texas Marauders founder

Comment

Working...
                            X