Ghk g5?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghk g5?

I have been looking at the g5 for a while and I heard it was good but also it was really bad quality. At the op yesterday I saw someone using it all decked out and it seemed to perform great! I would like to hear yalls opinion on the g5!
    -Company BlackWater Airsoft Team
    -

Originally posted by BLACK_WATER1
    I have been looking at the g5 for a while and I heard it was good but also it was really bad quality. At the op yesterday I saw someone using it all decked out and it seemed to perform great! I would like to hear yalls opinion on the g5!
    there were 3 people using the GHK G5 yesterday. Myself included. I was the one wearing the Dark green shemagh on my head like a bandana. Full black G5.

Its very light. I slung it over my body the entire day while using my DMR masada, and when I needed it, it was there.

The kick is quite substantial. Doesnt kick like many other GBBR's, It kicks harder, similar to a .22 real steel rifle. It had pretty decent accuracy as far as 100 ft. But I can do some mods to upgrade that.

The durability of the gun is completely fine, unless you like to throw your stuff around like a ragdoll. The thing I have heard about is the wear and tear of the back plate behind the blowback action. not a huge deal but just to be aware of. Also, the V1 G5 had problems with the charging handle breaking because of the blowback action. But it hasnt been a problem since V2 came out.

the ONLY bad thing I have to say about it, is that if you arent used to shooting and using GBBR's this gun might stray you away from it, because of the hard kick, as well as the cost per mag.

HOWEVER, It's said to have extremely good gas efficiency. I filled up my mags with about 10-11 seconds of green gas, and it fired the entire mag with some gas to spare.
    Last edited by GhostRecon; 09-22-2014, 12:35 PM.
    "To know yourself, is to know the enemy."

Comment

Thanks but I also heard that if you lube the gun by cleaning it then it's performance starts to drop. Is that true?
      -

Comment

Perhaps you are talking about range that is affected by the hopup swelling from silicon oil? If you clean your gun PROPERLY, the only thing you'll do is dramatically increase the life of it. Not cleaning a gun is only going to increase wear exponentially and create jams.

Improperly spraying silicon oil around the barrel may get silicon oil on the hopup rubber causing it to swell and cause variations in your hopup applied to the bb. This causes inaccuracy due to inconsistent application of hopup. The solution. Don't use silicon oil around your barrel/hopup. I use Murder oil, a synthetic oil that doesn't cause swelling in rubbers, so it is perfectly safe to soak your hopup in, much less get over spray on it. (Don't soak your hopup, it does nothing and is a waste of oil)

GBBRs, are similar to real guns (not the same, similar), and care must be given to them for them to function properly. I recently picked up my GBBR WE M4 (3 days ago) and have only shot about 200 rounds through it, however I am getting ready to clean/oil my gun for the forth time already.
        Last edited by DarkDove; 09-22-2014, 02:34 PM.
        "Hey Wesker, I know I just meet you, and I missed the last Crazies, but here's my call sign, so call it maybe?"
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hX7g91s2jY

Only Real Men ARE Pink.

Super-Long-Posts is my middle name.

Comment

Thanks and any upgrades I could do to a ghk g5?
          -

Comment

Thanks and any upgrades I could do to a ghk g5?

Yes, They have two kits, the 12" rifle kit, includes an extended inner barrel by about 3 inches, and the outer barrel with foregrip extension. And the 16" Carbine extension if you want more of a DMR.

But basically, as far as barrel and hop up goes, its the same as an AEG, so you can put an aeg barrel in it if you wish, and upgrade the bucking, but I would say get a higher degree bucking because of the output that gas has. Because with a longer barrel comes higher FPS, but loss of efficiency per mag (but not much). Also, can drop a different bolt in, to drop it to CQB. I have the 12" rifle kit on mine, and it kicks some butt.

Next on my buying list, is another mag, a 6.03 barrel, and an amplifier.
            Last edited by GhostRecon; 09-22-2014, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Also, the guns lower receiver has an M4 style hand grip, so you can interchange the grip to most M4 style hand grips of your choosing.

As well as, the M4 buffer tube stock part that comes with the gun, for if you want to change the G5's folding stock to any M4 stock of your choosing. Now its a fixed stock, when you change to the M4 buffer tube, it wont fold anymore.

Comment

I think I'm gonna start saving my pennies up for it from the good reviews from you guys!thanks alot anything else I need to know about the gun that y'all would like to share?
                -

Comment

Mags, get lots of mags. I generally prefer more than 3 on my GBBRs. Being as they have such a low ammo count as it is you don't want to have to reload in the middle of the fight. GBBR mags also have different feed lips from pistol mags and sometime require special speed loaders so that in itself may increase the time it takes to load them.
                  "Hey Wesker, I know I just meet you, and I missed the last Crazies, but here's my call sign, so call it maybe?"

Only Real Men ARE Pink.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkDove
                    Mags, get lots of mags. I generally prefer more than 3 on my GBBRs. Being as they have such a low ammo count as it is you don't want to have to reload in the middle of the fight. GBBR mags also have different feed lips from pistol mags and sometime require special speed loaders so that in itself may increase the time it takes to load them.
                    Ya I plan on getting 7 mags for the december milsim op
                    -

Comment

That's a good number. I typically like to run as close to 7 as I can. I currently have 6 and I'll pick up my 7th in a week or two, might end up with 9 or so depending on how my trigger finger does this weekend's skirmish at PBZS.

Only Real Men ARE Pink.

Comment

That's a good number. I typically like to run as close to 7 as I can. I currently have 6 and I'll pick up my 7th in a week or two, might end up with 9 or so depending on how my trigger finger does this weekend's skirmish at PBZS.
                        You guys are crazy, 4 is max for me. lololol.... But then again.. I play like a DMR sniper anyways.. ammo conservative here..Even if it is a rifle.

Oh just sayin,, the hard kick with full auto feels just.. SOOO amazing.. However, just like any other GBBR, try to keep the full auto to a 3rd burst if you can, the continuous fire causes gas to be used inefficiently and run the risk of running out of gas before BB's.. its a sucky feeling.

Also Dark, I just bought myself a lumbar padde molle belt with attached molle leg drop pads where I'll put my pistol holster and extra mags if needed. Whats even BETTER, is that I only paid for ONE, AND EVIKE SENT ME TWO accidentally woop woop

Comment

I hope to see you out there this weekend at PBZS with the g5! Also what is th range on the g5?
                          -

Comment

I hope to see you out there this weekend at PBZS with the g5! Also what is th range on the g5?
                            Im the one with the G5, he has the We-tech m4.

And for the range. I actually havent even done a range test yet.. lol
                            Last edited by GhostRecon; 09-24-2014, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Would a miracle barrel be a good idea to put in the g5?
                              -

Comment

Working...
                              X