wow...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow...

sorry i have not posted in a while i lost my password. and username! anyway is the M10 SWAT a good mulit-task rifle and will it be able to compete with the $300, 130 shots per minute guns you guys have...
    also when it comes to gear and camo do you guys have any really cheap suggestions,also does anyone know what magizen types this might take?

anyway thanks for the help
    Link http://www.hobbytron.com/ElectricSWA...GunDYTM10.html
    Last edited by all ur base; 11-09-2006, 10:41 PM.

This thread has been moved to the proper forum.

I cannot comment because I know nothing about the internals of the gun in question. You would probably be better off buying a CYMA AK47 with a metal gearbox, which is $120 + tax from Jungletoy.
    "The very existence of flame throwers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'"

-George Carlin

Comment

I've never really heard anything about it. All I know is that it has a metal gearbox, and mostly metal parts.
      they also sell it at JT for about 120$ too.

Comment

It's a sound gun, though a bit weighted in the wrong places. It's one of the better MPEGs out there, definitely able to keep up to the CYMA CM.30. I'd rather use the G36K instead, even though they're the same gun internally, and 50% externally. It's uses the same BE magazines as the G36K/XM8, so head down to the local Jungletoy and pick up a hicap or two.

As far as camo and tactical gear, I still also recommend checking out Jungletoy. You can scope out what you really want, at varying prices.
        What?

Comment

thank for the help, if anyone knows a sniperish gun that goes semi/full auto tell me.

Comment

Originally posted by all ur base
            thank for the help, if anyone knows a sniperish gun that goes semi/full auto tell me.

Depends on your budget. Key really is that you get what you pay for. Here's a list:

G3/SG1: My personal favorite. There is the tokyo marui G3SG/1 which is plastic and the classic army rifle which is also called the SAR Taktik II. Bipod allows you to shoot prone and hicapacity magazines are at 500 rds. Priced around the $320 range.

M-14: Excellent range and accuracy out of the box...not to mention select fire. Costs about $370-$400.

M15A4: Long rifles provide good range and accuracy. It applies to this as well. Most common rifle and a favorite of the community. Priced around the $320 range.

Steyr AUG: There is the TM and CA versions. Most players I've talked to suggest getting the civilian version because you can mount scopes there. The CA version also has the advantage of a bigger battery space. Its a compact rifle with a long barrel due to its bullpup design. Trigger mechanism is unique in that if you want to shoot a long burst, all you do is hold the trigger..no need to worry about selector switches. $320 range.

Get the rifle that is proportionate to your height. Just because you think sniper rifles are cool, you also have to be practical enough to realize if you can carry and fire the gun with confidence....and also not drool about other people's rifles. Be content with what you have (this advice does not apply to me)
            If I have to go to a planet, an unknown planet and I was allowed to take one firearm, it would be an AK-47. When western civilization melts down, I want an AK-47.
            --attributed to Richard Venola, editor Combat Arms during video of the Top 10 Best combat rifles

Comment

Btw, All your Base, welcome to the site and our community. Go to the intro thread and post an intro. (link below) Tell us a lil more about yourself, how you got into airsoft, etc. Also there are links to our forum rules and The TASO safety guidelines that we promote and follow in our community.

http://www.houstonairsoft.com/forums...ead.php?t=1765
              ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Uh oh, just saw the little devil on my left shoulder drop kick the little angel on my right shoulder.........that can't be good.

America is not at war. The U.S. Marine Corps and U.S. Army are at war. America is at the mall.

Comment

ahh commissar, you forgot the mention the monstrous PSG-1

Make sure you want to be a sharpshooter, most of the time you have to wait very very patiently for someone to come pass your area and once in a while you can make the wrong move..

m15a4 is a very sound and hefty gun. i would highly reccomend it. Try ebay, I got mine for 200$ shipped

Comment

Originally posted by tmfreak
                  ahh commissar, you forgot the mention the monstrous PSG-1

Make sure you want to be a sharpshooter, most of the time you have to wait very very patiently for someone to come pass your area and once in a while you can make the wrong move..

m15a4 is a very sound and hefty gun. i would highly reccomend it. Try ebay, I got mine for 200$ shipped

I have a PSG-1. So far my best rifle.

I did not include it however because he is looking for select fire weapons only. PSG-1 only shoots semi automatic.

Actually, snipers are the ones who wait around and ambush. Sharpshooters/designated marksmen are the ones who have the long rifles with scopes that are still part of the squad. They are used like any other support roles (Light machinegunner, grenadier, etc.) ...integrated in the squad and not go solo.

It may look cool to carry a sniper rifle but like I said, be practical. Go with the rifle that fits your physique as well a rifle you won't regret buying. I've seen some that drools over other people's rifles while neglecting the rifle they have.
                  If I have to go to a planet, an unknown planet and I was allowed to take one firearm, it would be an AK-47. When western civilization melts down, I want an AK-47.
                  --attributed to Richard Venola, editor Combat Arms during video of the Top 10 Best combat rifles

Comment

Wow well thanks your advice really helped me, but does anyone know anything in the 100-200 range Rngr504 Ill make any into as soon a i finish typing this

Comment

SRC is also a good way to go for a lower priced gun. Might be a little more then 200 I'm not sure but very good beginner guns. Check out www.kapowwe.com or airsoft128.com both are local here in Houston and have a large variety or guns.
                      Raider4
                      Alpha Team DM

Comment

for around that range I would go with a new cyma or utg. src is alright, I havent had any problems playing around with my friends..If you look hard enough on forums and around, you may be able to get a good deal on an aeg somewhere

Comment

Come to think of it, a really cheap sniperish gun that can go full auto would be that JG "Dragunov" that's on sale in plenty of airsoft shops. It's known as the "tabuk" around Jungletoy.
                          What?

Comment

You could also check out the BE SL8 I think its within the 200$ range.

Comment

the sl8 is about 120$, sorry if i got my numbers mixed up

Comment

Working...
                              X