Is it worth it to switch to Lipo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth it to switch to Lipo

I have a few AEG's that im thinking about putting mosfet's into them. Douse a Lipo make a big enough difference that its worth to switch over.

Uh yea... most guns can run on 7.4v lipos.. what aeg's are you using?

Comment

Lipos can give you a better trigger response even with out a mosfet. Mosfet basically protects the trigger contact from burning out.
      Victory through superior fire power

9-11-01 We will never forget.

Who am I! I am a champion!

Comment

Im running an ICS L86 A2, how much of a difference do you get between an 7.4 and a 11.1?

Comment

Originally posted by paulschoon View Post
          Im running an ICS L86 A2, how much of a difference do you get between an 7.4 and a 11.1?
          Big difference. Just hope your gun is setup to handle the extra power.

Comment

I have been thinking about putting a mosfet into them so I could run the 11.1 just wanted to make sure it was worth the work to put in the mosfet, outside of that every thing else looks like it should handle the 11.1 in the guns im wanting to put it in

Comment

Yeah if you plan on using a 11.1 it is recommended to install a MOSFET. It will help protect your trigger contacts from burning out. Look for one with a voltage monitor feature which is important if using a lipo battery. You never want the voltage to drop below and I can't remember off the top of my head but I think it is 2.5 volts. If the volts drops below that the battery is damaged. Never completely drain a lipo battery always keep it charged and use a good quality battery charger designed for lipo batteries.The monitor feature will shut the gun down when the critical voltage is reached.
              Last edited by ChopperMech; 07-08-2018, 02:50 AM.

Comment

Yeah, lipos will make a huge difference in the performance of your gun. Just be warned that an 11.1 might be too much for your gun to handle. My vfc vr16 avalon double shoots on semi with an 11.1. A lipo will easily fix that, but it's just something to keep in mind. Without a mosfet a 11.1 can wear down the internals.

Comment

Cool, I think I'll put a mosfet into my ics l86. What is a good retailer? I've had some bad experiences with Evike before and am trying to find a different place.

Comment

Try Xtreme Airsoft. They are a local retailer in the Houston area. They sell Gate mosfets and will even install it for you if needed.

Comment

I'd go Modern Airsoft, they have a free mystery gift policy, when I bought my avalon that I told you about I got a free lipo with it, sweet huh?

Comment

I've never used a LiPO but they are really. And yes Xtreme airsoft is local, however can be a bit more pricier. Evike is now high ground airsoft so maybe give them a shot

Comment

Working...
                        X